Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Shoes

So anyone who knows me, knows that there are just some changes that I do not do well with, won't even consider. Imagine that, a special education teacher, who has trouble with change. Funny, how I tell the kids I teach to just go with it and there are many times, that I can't do that.  Anyways, I'm off topic.  I have been a runner since I was 12,  well, I got really serious when I entered high school.  A runner's shoes are their most important piece of equipment they have.  Since I was a sophomore in high school, I have been wearing Asics.  My college coach did try to convert me to Adidas.  That lasted maybe 6-8 weeks and I had gone through at least 3 pairs of shoes.  I kept wearing them back heals. So, as I said, I have been wearing Asics, I believe I started with the 1100 and just kept following the model changes.  At this point I am at the 2700.   I figured they work, let it be.  I have not had any issues, so why change.

A few weeks ago, I was presented with the idea of trying out Mizuno's shoes.  Hmm, well, okay. Wait, again the person who does not change and has been wearing Asics since they were a sophomore in high school, is going to try a different brand of shoes.  What is the world coming to?  It took a little bit, but I finally got my shoes, the Mizuno Nexius 6.  Now this is funny to some of you.  In my Asics I wear a 5 1/2, yes I know my feet are just huge, NOT!!!!!!!  When I was looking through the different models for Mizuno, none of them were below a 6.  Was this going to be a problem, only one way to find out.  I called the representative and asked if they had a 5 1/2, he said, no, okay, I'll try a 6.  Oh by the way, I know my feet are small, but they are flat, like pancakes have more shape then my feet. My feet are so flat, that when I went to my podiatrist in high school to get my inserts the doctor took one look at my feet and say oh no.  Keep in mind when I went to the podiatrist I was sixteen, a junior in high school who was having an awesome track season, had big plans to be All-State. Oh no, really, lots of panic there. Needless to say we fixed that.  My feet are also wide, is this shoe good for those kind of feet.  Yes, the Nexius are a good fit, name and address please. 

So my shoes arrived and I finally got to wear them tonight during our track workout.  I felt great. I was a little nervous about trying the shoes out during an interval workout, but I felt great, I felt light on my feet, no issues with slipping, they fit great.  So change is not so bad after all.  I am excited for my next run and can't wait to see how I feel in my shoes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment